THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF FRAUD MADE ON BEHALF OF PT KALTIM PRIMA COAL9 months
THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF FRAUD MADE ON BEHALF OF PT KALTIM PRIMA COAL
With regards to the occurrence of fraud concerning the product/service provision for PT Kaltim Prima Coal (KPC), we demand to product/service provider to be more careful and vigilant so as not to be deceived by any form of fraud or deception.
The fraud mode stages that had occurred are as follow:
- The perpetrator sends a message through Whatss App (WA) or email to the potential victim and asks the potential victim to send the offer price of good/service which is the product/service of the potential victim company.
- After the potential victim sends the offer to the perpetrator, within a short period of time, the perpetrator contacts the potential victim and informs that the offer is approved.
- To convince the potential victim, the perpetrator sends a draft of letter of agreement to potential victim.
- The perpetrator requests that the potential victim come to meet the perpetrator who seemed to be in KPC site. The perpetrator asks the potential victim to transfer the amount of money to the designated account number for airfare and accommodation. The airfare and accommodation will be replaced by the perpetrator after the potential victim arrives at the site.
- Since the value of the contract is significant, the potential victim, without trying to find more information for confirmation, transfers the amount of money requested by the perpetrator to the designated bank account.
- The perpetrator usually performs the action ahead of the weekend at office closing time so that the potential victim cannot ask for confirmation. Other than that, the perpetrator has a reason to urge the victim to immediately transfer since the meeting is scheduled on the next Monday.
- After the victim transfers the money, the perpetrator will send a fake e-ticket of the existing airline.
- The next stage, the perpetrator cannot be contacted. When the victim cannot contact the perpetrator, the victim realizes and ask for confirmation to KPC.
With respect to the foregoing, we can inform and declare that:
- The above mode is a fraudulent action. Any fraud made by using KPC’s identity or made as if on behalf of KPC is conducted by an irresponsible party or its own profits and personal interest.
- KPC recommends to ignore requests with the fraud mode above
- KPC is not responsible for the aggrieved parties with respect to the fraud mode above.
- To avoid the risk of being misled, please contact us at +62 549 52 1155
Thus we convey. Thank you.